South Coast Beaches near Shellharbour
Some of the best south coast beaches are located in the Shellharbour region.
Shellharbour Village is an ocean front café strip that is fast becoming the talking point of the region with its great mix of outdoor cafes, award winning restaurants and famous fish and chips. There is a range of specialty boutique shops which are great for browsing or finding that special gift. Shellharbour Village also has a broad range of other shops all located in its relaxed seaside atmosphere.
The harbour is a popular spot to drop a line and the boat ramp is a good place to launch your boat for an outside fishing trip. Little Park at the harbour is an ideal place for the kids to enjoy the playground, with picnic shelters and the saltwater swimming pool.
Shellharbour’s charming coastal village is located on the South Coast of NSW, about 20 minutes drive south of Wollongong. It is an easy 1 1/2 hour drive from Sydney and within 2 1/2 hours drive from Canberra..
It is just a 10 minute drive to either Jamberoo or Kiama.
Why not visit one of the brilliant south coast beaches located in this beautiful area of NSW?
- Shellharbour South Beach – Just 2 minutes’ walk from the village – patrolled in Summer.
- Beverly Whitfield Ocean Pool – Around 70 metres from several of our Beach Houses, a perfect spot for families and children, also patrolled in Summer.
- Shellharbour North Beach – North of the Harbour – also patrolled in Summer.
- The “Farm”- Located within Killalea State Park – a favourite surfing spot featuring great scenery.
- Boat Harbour – A small beach located adjacent to Little Park, which has a playground and picnic tables – perfect for small children.